Friday, April 4, 2008

Consumption Fast

Nathan has a great post about the fast he and his wife have been doing since January. Here's a blurb:

I have been asked by a couple people to talk about it. If you don’t know what it is, my wife and I started what we labeled a “consumption fast” on January 19th. We are only using our money for bills and groceries. This obviously helps us financially, but more importantly we came to realize how attached to stuff we are, and this grand scope that consuming had in our lives. It was the brutal reality that our lives had been far too involved with consumption on a spiritual level. In many ways this is at the core of what it means to be an American, so Christians should take note. Read More

This intrigues me. Could I do it? Should I do it? Are you doing it? What do you think?

PS - Sorry I've been absent. I promise to do better : )

1 comment:

Levi Muller said...

Could you do it? = Yes
Should you do it? = No
Am I doing it? = No
what do I think? = I think that many people depend on your consumption so that they too can purchase food and pay bills. I also think that our lives have been improved dramatically because of our consumption.

"Someone who never has fun with money misses the point. Someone who never invests money will never have any. Someone who never gives is a monkey with his hand in a bottle. Do some of each."