Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Since it is Easter, I thought I should talk about my egg envy. Not the eggs that the bunny (seriously?) leaves in your yard or even the kind that you eat (not me - yuck!). I am talking about the greatest invention of all time. The. Big. Green. Egg.
I want one.
That is all.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Are you mortgaging your children's future because 0f all the "rights" you have as an American?
ie. "right" to a $4 coffee, "right" to a new pair of shoes (even though you don't need them), "right" to an iPhone, the right to go out to dinner, etc., etc. - even though we can't afford to do any or all of these things as much as we do...
Thanks to Perry Noble for kicking me in the gut with this thought...
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
here are some great reviews that I have found for the latest episode of LOST. Have a look and share your thoughts in the comments.
1. Doc Jensen's Recap at EW
2. The Lost Blog
3. Oh Amanda's Recap at the Disney Blog
Make sure and take a look at the comments in these blogs...lots of good theories/observations.
For great HD Screencaps check out Lost Easter Eggs.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
|It's the Super Bowl Commercial that keeps on giving!|
Congratulations! You are one of the first one hundred thousand (100,000) individuals to successfully register for the Universal Heroes Promotion, administered by ePrize.
For your registration, you will receive a Universal Orlando® 2-PARK Unlimited Admission Ticket valid for 7 consecutive days at both ! Please see the Official Rules for further prize details and eligibility requirements. You will receive your Universal confirmation code in the mail within the next 4-6 weeks. The ticket confirmation code mailer will be sent to the address you provided in your registration. You will need to present your ticket confirmation code mailer and a valid form of identification* at the ticket windows of either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure theme parks. Your Universal Orlando® 2-park Unlimited Admission Ticket is valid March 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009.
At this time, no additional action is required on your part. Should we need further information from you, we will contact you at this email address.
As a reminder, only one ticket per household will be provided per the Official Rules. For a complete set of Rules for this promotion, please visit http://www.universalheroes.com/public/popup/rules.html.
Please refer to them for any questions you may have. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Prize Fulfillment Services by replying to this email. Please be sure to keep the original subject line in your reply.
Congratulations again and thank you for your continued patronage of Universal Orlando®.
Prize Fulfillment Services
*Valid forms of identification include a U.S. government issued passport, a U.S. state issued driver's license or other form of issued by a state governmental agency.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
First the Questions:
Ajira Airlines makes its first appearance of the season on the water bottle found in the outrigger – so is this how the O6 get back to the island and was that them on the outrigger chasing the ones left behind? If not, who was on the outrigger?
What happened to the rest of the Losties that were 'transported'? IE Rose and Bernard?
Now my thoughts and those found from around the interweb:
* Faraday and Penny are brother and sister. Parents are Charles Widmore and Eloise (Elle) Hawkings
* Name on side of Carpet Van that Ben is ridding around in is – Canton-Rainier = Reincarnation
(HT: The Lost Blog recap and commenters for the following information)
* Danny Faraday theorizes that the longer someone's been on the island, the more susceptible they are to this "deadly jet lag." Interestingly, Miles believes he's only been on the island for a couple weeks, but Faraday questions that assumption. It would appear -- unbeknownst to them, perhaps -- that Charlotte and Miles have some sort of past experience on the island (is Miles the scion of Dr. Pierre Chang?).
* Carole Littleton (Claire's mom) wasn't there for a settlement with Oceanic. Jack just told Kate so they could go quickly.
*When else have we seen Jin afloat on a piece of wreckage. After the others blew up the raft he was on, right? So maybe THAT Jin, the Frenchies, and the island's little time fluxes have conspired to bring about this meeting. We never did see how Jin made it to the island after the raft was destroyed - our point of view stayed with Sawyer and Michael. Then when they beached, a bound Jin runs out screaming "OTHERS"!
Guess only time will tell if this is Jin1 or Jin2.
* Maybe the mysterious disease that Danielle feared catching and killed all her comrades because of was TIME DISPLACEMENT disease.
And maybe Danielle's expedition was not in 1986 as we had supposed but in 2004 or 2005, and then she and the other Frenchies were thrown back to 1986 and she lived from there until the Losties showed up in 2004 and never realized that she had travelled back in time because she never thought to compare dates with the Losties
* The island itself got "moved" through time, as well as space. The O6 in the chopper saw it "seem to disappear" like the rabbits in the Orchid film.
* John Locke's 'Death' is just medusa spider'ed and maybe so was Christian Shepherd when 815 left Sidney.
* This episode all but confirmed that those instances of whispering will turn out to be time travelers. It just seems so plausible!
* I don't think it's coincidence - or even a narrative device - that Locke happened to see the Nigerian plane crash or that Jin washed up at the same time the French arrived on the Island. I believe it's likely that the time shifts are opening brief rifts into the Island (which would otherwise be hidden even from God). These rifts are like open windows that enable outsiders to stumble upon the Island. Yemi's plane, Rousseau's vessel for certain.. probably the Black Rock, and maybe even Desmond's sailboat.
* Maybe Richard Alpert is Jacob (ie Locke = Bentham). RA can't have direct contact with himself, so he needs a "leader" to speak with Jacob/future RA.
* Rousseau's ship was named Bésixdouze, which translates to "B six twelve." And B612 just happens to be the name of the home asteroid once inhabited by The Little Prince.
So, what did you think? Catch anything new? Share!
[UPDATE] Baby was born @ 10:30 last night! Mom and baby are doing great! Thanks for all the prayers!!!
If you don't mind - please take a moment to pray for my soon to be new nephew and my sister-in-law. She has a health problem that causes complications with childbirth to the extent that her organs start shutting down. She went into the hospital this morning and they are trying to get her stabilized so that she can have the baby and take care of her. Please pray for her health and the baby. Also please pray for her husband, my brother-in-law, as well.
Here is the latest update from the Hospital:
My sister-in-law is in good shape right now, but they need to get the baby out today in order to avoid her having serious complications. She's on a magnesium drip which makes her feel miserable, and also on pitocin to speed up the labor. So please pray that the doctor is able to manage her levels and she is able to deliver the baby without complications! Thank you!