Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On Eggs

So working on the blog header got me thinking about Eggs. I don't know why...but it did. Anyways, here is what I was thinking about. WAY back in high school a group of friends and I thought it would be "fun" to go to the store, get some eggs and use them in a non traditional way. That's right we thought it would be fun to juggle! And by juggle I mean go egging. I know, I know. How could I do such a thing?! I blame it on being an idiot. Cool? OK, so we thought it would be fun to go egging. Now my friend lived in a heavily wooded area next to a road - perfect place to hide out and let the eggs fly. And fly they did. That night we laughed, threw eggs, and got chased through the woods! Looking back on that night - I can't believe I was involved in such debauchery - but you know what? Like my buddy Earl says "Karma is a funny thing." You see, about 5 years ago my wife and I were driving home from a friends house on Halloween. We had just enjoyed some delicious pumpkin pasta and good company. All was well. That is until we passed a car, heard some shouting, and then watched as an egg splattered on our windshield. "What a bunch of punks!" was my first first thought....then as my past collided with my present...literally - I tipped my hat to Karma and said OK - now we're even.

2 comments:

Jack and Lexi's Mom said...

You have to watch out for Karma. It can bite you on the butt! Now, the real issue is "what did Amy do to deserve the egg?" Why must we suffer for the crimes committed by our spouses? I was a good kid! Mil's Karma is out to get me!

Justmatt said...

Ha! I'll have to ask Amy about that. I'll feel really bad if she is a victim of my Karma:)