Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WARNING: Fall and tip over hazards can result from improper behavior


Those are good words to live by. So a funny thing happened the other day. Don't you love it when stories start out like that! Well it was funny - just not for me - or apparently my buddy Brad, who was so 'worried' about me that he couldn't laugh. The same cannot be said for all others who witnessed my near Cirque du Soleil act. OK - so it went like this...

Our small group went shopping for a family at our church at our local Target. We all had a great time. After we checked out we were pushing our three carts back to our cars. That is when it happened. I looked over from my cart and there was my good pal JC 'Flying' on his cart. I thought, "Hey, that looks like fun." So I tried it - and it was. Then I thought, "Hey I bet you I can get horizontal on this bad boy." So I tried it - and I could! I was kicking the Flying Squirrel on top of my shopping cart. The thing is - it only lasted for .5 seconds before I was lying face first on the concrete with all the gifts we had just purchased on top of me. Luckily I didn't hurt anything (other than my pride) and allowed joyous laughter for the majority of our group. I guess there really is a good reason that they put those warnings on the shopping carts. Perhaps they should include adults too - not just children.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I was there. It was funny.

jc said...

It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. And I felt bad for laughing before I realized you weren't hurt. But hey, what can I do about instincts?

jc

Justmatt said...

I am glad that I can provide such quality entertainment at such a resonable price! Concider it my Christmas gift to you all! : )

Unknown said...

can I help it that I am caring and sensitive? Next time I will laugh regardless if you break your nose...

Merry Christmas and dude...I have a great story of Christmas with the whole family...one of the worst I have experienced....wait for it...

Justmatt said...

Your sensitivity has never stoped you before : )

And your story was awesome! There is nothing like a little Moonshine to make the holidays a little more bright!