Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celebration

Here is a good little show/video on "The Town that Disney Built." Short and sweet. I have visited Celebration many times (it is the only place my kids have seen "snow*") and love it. Like the video says, it is like old town America centered around Main Street.

Does a planned community like this creep you out?

http://current.com/items/88972930_living_in_a_bubble

Hat tip to Barb!

*snow=bubbles falling from the sky on Main street at Christmas time - family tradition to go play in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind planned communities too much. We have one around here that's kind of quaint and cute. But when I visited Celebration, it was a little too much for me. That was a REALLY long time ago (like...10 or 11 years ago. I think I was in 4th grade), though.

I love the snow, though. :) Especially for a native Floridian like myself.

Justmatt said...

Thanks Lindsey! Welcome aboard! Celebration does kind of have that Pleasantville vibe to it. But I love the idea that there is a since of community there. Neighbors get to know each other and hang out. So much of that seems to be lost in our society today.